Q: How do I let the school know if my child is poorly and can’t come to school?
A: Please phone the school on 01604 655860 and leave a message or email the office before 9am email@example.com
Q: How do I request time off for my child?
A: If your child/children need time off school, please complete this form: PHAT Absence Request Form
Q: What absences are allowed?
A: We follow government guidance on which absences are allowed from school. These are:
- Emergency and planned medical appointments
- Days for specific religious observance
There are also other permitted absences in exceptional circumstances which are at the discretion of the headteacher. These are:
- Compassionate grounds
- Family wedding / civil partnership taking place on a school day
- Family crisis
- Examinations off-site
- Educational opportunity – sport and performance
- Attendance at an event at the request of a public organisation
- Visit to a new school
- Family relocation visit
All these can be requested via the PHAT Absence Request Form
Q: Which absences are not allowed?
A: In line with national guidelines and regulations, the following absences are not authorised:
- Family holidays regardless of length
- Family trips
- Leaving school early to travel to an event
Please be aware that any holiday in term time will be treated as unauthorised and could result in a fine from the local authority.